Tuesday, January 22, 2013

National Blonde Brownie Day

*Note: This has nothing to do with Girl Scouts!  :)
Here is another excuse for me to make something that I don't make every day!  I usually make "Chocolate Fudge" brownies, (when I make any!) and those "Blonde Brownie" recipes get lost in my files.  So when this day of celebration came along, I searched the files and pulled out this recipe.  I have more recipes for what you'd call "Blonde" brownies, but they'll have to wait for some other time I guess.  Here is the one I chose for today:
Farmer Boy Blonde Brownies
Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup of all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/3 Cup of unsalted butter
  • 3 oz. of cream cheese
  • 1 Cup of brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tablespoon of vanilla
  • 1/2 Cup of Walnuts, chopped
  • 1/4 Cup of shredded coconut
  • 1/2 Cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly oil a square pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In another bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, egg, and cream cheese.  Mix in the vanilla.
Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir in the rest of the ingredients.  Pour into the pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.  Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then cut into squares.

This is a nice break from those chocolate fudge brownies.  And to think, I would have missed it, if I had decided to skip "National Blonde Brownie Day"!    I'll be making them again, soon!  ;-)

"No one can become great who is not ready to take the opportunity when it comes." Laura Ingalls Wilder

If you don't lose this recipe in your files, but make it instead, please let us all know, by leaving a comment here.  Thanks.  The Old Man in the Bib Overalls

No comments: