Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Celebrating today!

If you follow my postings on a regular basis, you know that I usually post something about special days to celebrate.  Some of those days are designated as "National Days" of celebration, and some are quite unusual!  Well, today is no exception! 
Today you have a choice to celebrate: "National Nothing Day" (I guess you just celebrate the fact that the Lord brought you into a new day.) or "National Polka Music Day"!  I choose to celebrate both, but offer you "National Polka Music Day".   Having grown up in an area that had a large Polish and German population, I was (as they say) raised on Polka Music!  So, if you like Polka Music or never heard it, here is a link to some on youtube.  I hope you like it (and I hope the link works!).
Just in case it doesn't go to the right place on youtube, you can go to youtube and ask for polka music or Frankie Yankovic ("The Polka King").

Sorry this has nothing to do directly with my shop or Laura Ingalls Wilder!
Enjoy your day! The Old Man in the Bib Overalls

2 comments:

Empty Nest Insider said...

Sorry I missed National Nothing Day and National Polka Day. Fortunately, I have the weekend to catch up on both celebrations alternating between dancing to my favorite polkas, and doing nothing. Thanks Laura!
Julie

Empty Nest Insider said...

Oops sorry I meant to write Rev. Jim.