Friday, April 12, 2013

Celebrating "National Licorice Day"!

Licorice candy is not as popular as it once was in my childhood.  And I before I was born, it was even more popular. 


I can remember, as a young fellow in grade school, running home each day after school.  I'd usually stop at the corner candy store on the way.  My usual purchase was about nickel's worth of licorice!  Back then 5 cents went pretty far!  These days, as Yogi Berra said, "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore!"  But I still have licorice available in my shop for nostoalgic purposes, if not for any other reason!  If you enjoy licorice, now you know where you can find some! Hope to see you in the shop soon!

Of course there are other "Old Timey" candies in the shop, along with handmade souvenirs related to a visit to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home & Museum, here in Mansfield.  And I even see some kids in town who stop in after school.  So some things don't change!

The Old Man in the Bib Overalls

No comments: