Friday, April 12, 2013

Announcing: "Extra Special Posts"!

This is the very first post that I am placing on here from Freda! She is my houseguest.  If you have been following my posts for any time now, you'll know that Freda is a cousin to Almanzo Wilder. 

Freda is 91 years young!  She has some health issues which keep her under the doctor's care and my oversight.  But she is quite a special lady!  Not only is she related to Almanzo, but she has a long, long list of ancestors, that reads like an unbelievable wish list of ancestors!  Among that list are wives of U.S. Presidents past, movie actors, founding fathers, notables of all sorts and a number of authors.  Some of the authors are: Clement Moore, Emily Dickenson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, O Henry, John Stienbeck, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Robert Frost.  Some of those talents must be passed on in genes, because Freda loves to write too!

As long as she is able, she will be giving me some of her little verse to post here.  She likes to write poems and inspirational prose.  If you like those type of things, be sure to look for this special blog postings.  I hope to post one each week.  Here is the first:


This may not seem like much, but even a mighty mountain began only as a bump!   Look for more and greater things to come.  
I also have complied some of her writings in a page that I have available for puchase in my shop.  And I am working with her to write her memoirs. Much of her upbringing and even adult life, parrelles the Ingalls and Wilder families; making her memoirs very interesting!  This is a long process and will not be ready for publication any time soon.  But I'll let you know when it is available.   Thanks for looking!
The Old Man in the Bib Overalls 

No comments: