Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Unexpected Visitor

Last week I had a very special unexpected visitor pop into my shop.  It was internationally known Laura Ingalls Wilder researcher, Nancy Cleaveland!  Up till this point, we had only corresponded by E-mail - since she lives a few states away from me.  So it was a delight to meet her in person.  While I still had my B&B up and running, she had made a reservation to stay with me, but had to cancel at the last minute.  So it was sure nice to finally get together with her.

Nancy has been a consultant to just about every venue of the "Little House" world.  She has aided many authors who have written books about Laura.  She has done vast, (seemingly endless!) research on people, places, and events in Laura's life; as well as that of most everyone in Laura's family and friends.

You can view some of her work on her web site which is linked on this page - "As a Laura Ingalls Wilder Researcher Thinks".  If you are an enthusiastic Laura fan, I urge you to take a look!  You'll be amazed and pleased at what she offers.  She has a copyright on her work - so don't copy it as your own!

I was truly blessed to be able to spend a few hours with Nancy, sharing our Laura.  I don't claim to be an authority on "Little House" lore, but I have gained so much knowledge from Nancy that I am able to share much more with visitors to my shop now.  As time goes on, and as the Lord allows, I'll share some of these things with you on this blog site.

And she even brought some things for me to sell at my shop.  You'll have to come and see what she brought!

Nancy, I hope to see you again real soon! 
The Old Man in the Bib Overalls

No comments: