Friday, July 22, 2011

Farmer Boy Recipe - Zucchini Bread

Zucchini plants take up half of my little veggie garden bed; and I was hoping to get the crop in and the plants out in order to plant something for fall.  But for weeks the fruit of the plants stayed tiny.  I thought I had done everything to help them to grow normally.  But, for some reason, they decided to stay stunted - till yesterday, when they took off!  So I had to gather them before they became behemoth size!

I have specific plans for the smaller ones and I'll share those recipes as I'm able.  Since these got out of hand so quickly, I'm sharing this recipe with you now.

Farmer Boy Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups - flour (I use 1/2 whole wheat & 1/2 all-purpose)
  • 1 teaspoon - baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon - salt
  • 3 teaspoons - baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons - pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 Cup - chopped nuts (I prefer Pecans or Walnuts)

  • 3 - eggs
  • 1 Cup - dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 Cup - regular granulated sugar
  • 3/4 Cup - oil (use which ever kind you like)
  • 3 teaspoons - vanilla extract
  • 2 Cups - shredded zucchini (drain off all moisture)
  • 3/4 Cup - raisins

Directions:
Combine all the first 6 dry ingredients and set aside.  Beat the eggs, sugars and oil on high speed, till mixture is light and fluffy. (about 3 minutes)  Stir in the vanilla, zucchini and raisins.  Add the dry ingredients gradually.  Divide into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.  Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 55 minutes. (test with toothpick)  Remove from pan to cool on rack. 



If you make this recipe, please let us all know how it turns out for you by commenting here.  Thanks. The Old Man in the Bib Overalls

"The remedy for the evils of high prices is increased production." Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments: