Monday, March 25, 2013

A Transition From Winter To Spring

Transition is change from one state to another.  As we transition from winter to spring, we are seeing a lacey mantle of snow falling here in Mansfield.  How beautiful it looks!  But it's not what I had in mind as the time approached for the re-opening of my shop for 2013! 

I worked hard all winter to get produce some new handmade items for my shop.  I accomplished most of my goals and have new items for visitors to take home more memories from their visit to Laura's hometown!  There are Christmas ornaments, bookmarks, decorated keepsake boxes, candy jars, and even pew fans; all with hand drawn pictures of the Ingalls/Wilder family!  These are unique, one-of-a-kind items that you won't find at any other Little House Site! 

If it's been a while since you've visited my shop, you'll find that I have expanded my candy stock as well!  As I observed what people were interested in, I adapted my stock to fit their desires.  You'll still find a great variety of candies - more than you'll see in most shops! 



Please note: I have much more in my shop than I could tell you about or show you in this posting!  If you want to know more about what is here, see my web site:  wwww.laurassweetmemories.com   Thanks.
The shop hours for springtime are:
Fridays & Saturdays - noon till 5pm.

As the year progresses, I hope I see more visitors than I had last year.  I haven't raised my prices, in order to fit everyone's tight budget these days!  And I believe that everyone who stops in to visit will be pleased to take home something to remember the great time they had visiting Laura's hometown!  With affordable prices and quality gifts and candies, who could ask for more?

But there is more!  The shop is inside the oldest house in Mansfield, (now 132 years old!).  Also - Almanzo Wilder's cousin, Freda, is still my houseguest!  She is now 91 years old and still loves to visit with folks who stop into shop.  I'm not aware of any other Little House Site that has an attraction like her!  She is filled with such joy as she sees folks bring home some memories from the shop!  She has much to share as she visits with folks, and I'm not sure who comes away with a greater joy!  Please keep in mind - Freda takes a short nap between 1pm & about 3pm - so if you want to visit with her, keep your schedule in order. If you come by and she is napping, I'm sure you'll be able to pass the time making purchases and looking at all the things in the shop.  Thanks

Lord willing, by the time summer gets here (and the snow is completely gone!), I'll be increasing my shop hours to the regular Monday through Saturday.  I'll be sure to let everyone know as that becomes a reality.
For now, I just hope to see you here soon!

The Old Man in the Bib Overalls

No comments: