Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Cookies (next installment!)

This is one of those dozens of cookie recipes that I've made, traditionally, for Christmas for over 30 years!  I'm not sure where I got the recipe from originally, but it is one of my personal favorites.
Farmer Boy Lemon Squares
Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup of all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 Cup of butter, softened
  • 1/4 Cup of powdered sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Cup of sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
Directions: In a bowl, mix the flour, butter and powdered sugar.  Press this into the bottom of an non-greased square pan.  Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
While it is baking, beat the rest of the ingredients together.  Take the pan out of the oven and pour this mixture over the crust.  Place it back in the oven to bake for another 25 minutes.
You may wish to dust it with powdered sugar as you let it cool in the pan.  When it has cooled completely, cut it into 16 squares.
This goes pretty quickly, and since it is one of my favorites, I usually make a second batch just for me!

"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime."  Laura Ingalls Wilder

As I grow older: I find that I don't bake any more ...  and no less either!

I hope you'll try this recipe and then come back here and leave a comment. Thanks. The Old Man in the Bib Overalls

No comments: