Friday, February 24, 2012

Farmer Boy Recipe - National Pancake Week!

The last week in February has been designated as, "National Pancake Week".  There are so many great pancake recipes, that I had a difficult time narrowing it down to one to post here.  I finally decided to celebrate with this recipe:
Farmer Boy Pumpkin Pancakes
Ingredients:
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 Cup of Buttermilk
  • 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk
  • 1/2 Cup of canned Pumpkin
  • 1/4 Cup of water
  • 2 Tablespoons of butter, melted
  • 1 1/4 Cup of all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spices
Directions: In a large bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, pumpkin, butter, and water.  Bring up to room temperature.  Sift and stir in the flour, powder, soda, salt, and spices.  Add the brown sugar and stir, mixing well.  (Don't worry about lumps!)
Drop by 1/3 cup onto a medium hot griddle and cook till bubbles appear.  Then flip and cook the other side till golden brown.  Serve hot, topped with a pad of butter and your favorite syrup or honey.  Makes 6 - 8 pancakes.

I hope you'll like this recipe.  It may be just about perfect, but if you want to - you could add 1/3 cup of chopped Pecans or Walnuts!  Enjoy "National Pancake Week"!  And I hope you'll enjoy this recipe anytime!

If you make these, please let us all know, by leaving a comment here.  And be sure to sign up as a follower of my blog & tell other too!  Thanks.  The Old Man in the Bib Overalls

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

How can I not know this is pancake week? I am truly slipping. As much as my kids enjoy them, I am in deep trouble if I don't make a batch soon.

Thanks for the recipe.

Cheryl