Thursday, December 8, 2011

Laura Ingalls Wilder's "famous" Gingerbread recipe

Even if Laura hadn't been a famous author, she would have been famous in Mansfield for her Gingerbread!

I hope your gingerbread turns out as nice as mine!  I've made this recipe for a few years now at Christmas.  And it turns out great every time!   I've made it with the candied fruit, with raisins or plain and even with the chocolate frosting.  I like it best with raisins.  And I make it with a glazed top of powdered sugar, lemon juice and water.  They all taste exquisite!

If you make this recipe, let us all know how it comes out for you, by leaving a comment here.  Thanks.
The Old Man in the Bib Overalls

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I loved gingerbread growing up. One year, I got a stomach virus, and the only thing I could eat was gingerbread. I haven't been able to eat it since. Weird, huh?