Sunday, April 1, 2012

Farmer Boy Recipe: PB&J

April 2nd is "National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day"! 
Now, over my lifetime, I've tried all different combinations of PB&J's - but these are two that I'm stuck on. (Pun intended!)
I've found that Pita Bread makes a great bread to make a PB&J sandwich.  You just cut it in half and then open it up and it becomes something like a pocket to hold the ingredients!  You can fill a Pita loaf with anything, but my favorite is PB&J. 
Pictured here is a PB&J made with regular peanut butter and another made with Chocolate peanut butter.  The jelly flavor I like best is Strawberry, followed by Concord Grape, or Black Raspberry, or Blackberry, or - well I guess I like all flavors of jelly or jam! :)
I think there is some unwritten natural law that says that you have to serve a PB&J with a glass of milk, but don't quote me!  And I think a person could survive starvation by eating nothing but these!  Anyway, I hope you'll join in the celebration and have a PB&J!  If you do, let us all know by leaving a comment here about what you ate.  Thanks.  The Old Man in the Bib Overalls

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love a good, simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I will celebrate tomorrow, along with you! And, yes, milk is a must!

Mama Hen said...

Love me a good PBJ - with milk, absolutely. I never heard of chocolate pb. Will have to check that out...