Thursday, October 6, 2011

Special Visitor at Laura's "Sweet Memories" Shop

I made special arrangements to be open for a visit with a very special lady this week.  Sue Ellen Sanders Francis and her husband, Duane, came to visit me.  Sue Ellen is a real live cousin to Laura Ingalls Wilder!  She is a seventh cousin, according to the copy of the family tree that she showed me. 
Sue is a really neat lady, who is very involved in "All things Laura".  She does a lot of work with the tracing the geneology of the families associated with her cousin, Laura.  Her involvement has brought her into contact with many of the TV series actors as well.

I'm looking forward to working with Sue in the near future to add some of her geneology work to my shop.  And some may show up on this blog site as well.  She is also going to do some investigating with the possibility that some of my ancstors that were part of the family as well, through a family name that I mentioned!  That would mean that I would also be a cousin of Laura!  We'll see if that pans out!




"Sometimes I wonder if the home ties would not be stronger if our homes were built more of an idea of permanency... A house, well built, (should) last for generations."  Laura Ingalls Wilder

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I know, Sue. She probably mentioned going to your shop, but I forgot. How wonderful to see she stopped by.

Anonymous said...

I know her too. You're looking great Sue.